Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
Please review our frequently asked questions regarding back to school, our reopening plans and choosing instructional learning models.
Procedure for COVID-19 Exposure and Communcation
Learn about our procedures in the event of an exposure in our schools. Click here for more information.
Mitigation Process: Health and Wellness For In-Person Learning
AESD is certified by HealthyVerify. Read about our mitigation process by clicking here.
Para saber mas del proceso de salud y bienestar del distrito, oprima aquí
Tech support help desk: 623-772-5199
We look forward to so much this upcoming school year. As we transition into the back-to-school season, we wanted to inform you of a few updates:
- Mask wearing- A state law has been enacted prohibiting school districts from mandating mask wearing and vaccinations for participation of in-person instruction. It will remain up to the individual and/or parent decision for mask wearing in our facilities. We have had great success in the past with masks being an effective mitigation strategy and continue to encourage individuals who are not fully vaccinated or who have underlying conditions to continue to wear masks. It is also encouraged to participate in COVID testing for individuals who are experiencing symptoms or close exposure. As with all personal decisions, we will be respectful of the choice to wear/not wear a mask and we will have masks available at the front offices for people who request them. Further, we would expect all staff and students to maintain the healthy verified self check daily. If a student or staff is experiencing symptoms, we would not want others exposed to whatever might be causing them. As always, if someone has a fever, they need to be fever-free for more than 24 hours, without medicine. This will ensure a healthy learning/work environment for everyone and minimize transmission of any communicable illness.
- Meet your teacher night will be held on Thursday, July 29, 2021. Please check your emails in the following days regarding specific times at each school campus or check your school’s social media for more information.
- First day of school is Monday, August 2, 2021 for all student
- School supplies can now be found on our school websites, or here for a complete list (separated by each school)
- Enrollment for kindergarten (and all grade levels) has started! You may enroll online or in-person at our schools.
Preschool, before and after care are also available at many of our sites- they are filling up fast, don’t miss this opportunity and secure a spot today! Questions about these programs can be directed to cortega@chooseAESD.org.
Thank you for choosing AESD! We look forward to the new year to come.
1. When does the 2021-2021 school year start?
The school year starts on Monday, August 2, 2021. All students will start with in-person instruction, unless you enrolled in our new Avondale Virtual Innovation Academy - a new approach to online learning!
2. Why am I not receiving text/email notifications?
All AESD families are enrolled to receive all our email and text notifications. Please check your spam folder as our email addresses have changed since July 1, 2020. Our new email address will come from @chooseAESD.org.
3. How can I update my contact information?
To ensure your phone number/email are up-to-date or to add additional contact info, you may do so online via ParentVue.
Our school offices can assist you with any further questions.
4. Will meals still be available if I choose Avondale Virtual Innovation Academy?
Yes, meals will still be available for all students. Please click here for the complete details.
5. If I choose Avondale Virtual Innovation Academy, will I be given a ChromeBook?
Every student in the district will have a device assigned to them. If you prefer to use a device from home, you may choose to do so. More information will be provided in regards to distribution of technology equipment.