Degrees and Certifications:
Welcome to the 2021-2022 school year at Centerra Mirage. My name is Mr. Benson. I am the 7th Grade Math and Science teacher for Centerra Mirage for the 2021-2022 school year.
Let me tell you a little about myself. I am a graduate of California Baptist University with a Bachelor’s of Science. I was born in Northern California and spent 16 years in Southern California before moving to Arizona in 2015. My wife and I have one child (5 years old). Prior to joining the Centerra Mirage team for the 2016-2017 school year, I spent 15 years as an accountant for a financial institution and one year as a consultant analyzing banking data.
- Please make sure your student brings a fully charged chromebook daily. This is their textbook. If they do not have a device that will last the whole day, they will not be able to participate the full day.
- Students need to come to school with paper and a pencil or pen every day. I expect them to take notes and use their paper to show their work.
Programs that I use are PearDeck, Classkick, Khan Academy, Google Forms, IXL, Prodigy Games, Discovery Education, and Generation Genius. Students will be given some grades from these programs as work is assigned.
I am excited for this school year for both your student and myself. I look forward to working with you and your student to help them have a fun and successful academic year.
May the Force be with you,
7th Grade Supply List
For ELA and Math
- Notebooks and/or loose paper
- Highlighters (mulitple colors for annotating)
- Sticky Notes/Post-its
- Pencils (extra lead if mechanical)
- Basic Calculator (nothing fancy for 7th grade)
- Headphones (nothing fancy)
- Index Cards 3x5 or smaller (cheat sheets in math)
Be Respectful, Be Responsible, Be a Problem Solver
Use respectful language at all times.
- Be on time to class.
- Be prepared with materials. (Pencil, notebook, calculator)
- Follow along with the teacher as directed.
- Be respectful to others during class time.
- No phones allowed out on campus
- Wait for teacher before speaking in class