A Leader in Me School
Desert Star is proud to be a Leader in Me School. Leader in Me is a whole-school improvement process based on the idea that everyone can be a leader. This evidence-based approach empowers students with the leadership and life-skills they need to thrive in the 21st century.
We focus on developing the whole-child by:
- Teaching leadership to every student
- Creating a culture of student empowerment
- Aligning systems to drive results in academics
The Leader in Me program empowers young people to make positive, effective and responsible choices by introducing and reinforcing the 7 Habits - a set of leadership and life skills from Stephen Covey’s book The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.
Teaching students and developing leaders is what we do! Through the teaching of the 7 habits, our staff is working together with students to create a school that maintains the dignity of children through productive interactions while fostering positive relationships with parents and other community members.
We invite families and community partners to join us in our mission to work together in a respectful culture to ensure academic and social growth for all students by:
- Staying connected to school newsletters and happenings
- Supporting our students in their social and academic goals
- Visit the Leader in Me Family Development page to learn more
Please reach out to Ms. Worthington or Mr. Vaughn for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to get connected!